In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to fix the Netflix Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79. Netflix has been the go-to hub for numerous types of TV shows and movies. Covering a wide variety of genres, it has one for every age group. Although other streaming services are also coming up now and then including the likes of Disney Plus, Hulu and Amazon Prime, yet dethroning Netflix from the epitome is no easy task.
However, the app is recently witnessing an issue or two. Among them, one of the common is the Netflix Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79. There could be quite a few reasons for the same. On that note, let’s check out all the possible reasons for the same followed by its associated fixes. So without further ado, let’s begin.
How to Fix Netflix Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79
The above error is being witnessed by Windows 10 users running the UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app of Netflix. While trying to access the contents, users are reportedly seeing the following error message: “We’re having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title”. There could be issues related to the app or some issues related to your Windows 10 PC. So to fix the Netflix Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79, follow the below methods.
Fix 1: Update Windows
Windows usually release new updates now and then. This not only brings new features but also fixes bugs and brings about stability improvements. So if you haven’t updated your PC to the latest Windows, you might face the above-mentioned error. Therefore, it is recommended to follow the below steps, check for the update and install it if it’s available.
- Head over to the Start menu and search for Run. In the Run dialog box. type in ms-settings:windows update and hit Enter.
- This will open the Windows Update dialog box under the Settings page. From the right-hand side of your screen, click on Check for Update.
- Windows will then search for a new update and if available, just click on Install.
- Once the update gets downloaded and installed, reboot your PC. After that, try accessing Netflix and check if the Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79 has been fixed or not. If not, follow the next method given below.
Fix 2: Update Netflix App
If you are using Netflix via its Universal Windows Platform rather than from the browser, then you might also face this issue. It could be that you haven’t updated the app for a long time and this is causing problems in its normal functioning. So follow the below steps and get your hands on the latest version of the app.
- As with the previous fix, launch the Run dialog box. You could also use the Windows+R shortcut key for the same.
- Next up, type ms-windows-store://home in the box and hit Enter.
- You will now be taken to the Microsoft Store. Click on the three horizontal dots situated at the top right. Select Downloads and Updates from the menu.
- In the Downloads and Updates screen, click on the Get Updates option. The Netflix app will then be updated to the latest version.
- Once it does, restart your PC, launch the Netflix app and see if the Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79 has been rectified or not.
Fix 3: Using Windows Troubleshooter
If updating Windows and the Netflix app wasn’t able to fix the issue, well then the Windows Troubleshooter could come in handy. This tool not only finds the issue but in most cases also brings about the potential fix. There are many methods of accessing the Windows Troubleshooter. But we will be choosing the shortest possible path:
- Open the Run dialog box using the Window+R shortcut key combination, type in ms-settings:troubleshoot and hit Enter.
- The Troubleshooting menu will now appear. From the right-hand side, scroll to the Find and Fix other problems and click on Windows Store Apps.
- Next, click on Run the troubleshooter option. The troubleshooter will then search for the errors and bring the associated fixes as well.
- Click on Apply this fix and restart your PC. This should fix the Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79. If not, here is what else you could do.
Fix 4: Complete Pending Downloads
If there’s any pending download and you are trying to stream contents via Netflix, there might be an issue or two. So make sure to complete any pending downloads before proceeding ahead. This could be done as follows:
- Open the Netflix app and head over to its dashboard. Click on the action button situated at the top left and select My Downloads from the menu.
- Next up, click on the Manage option present at the top right and you could either complete the pending downloads or could remove them from the list.
- To remove any downloads, select the file and click on the Delete option. Once done, close the app, relaunch it. When it does, you should have fixed the Netflix Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79.
Fix 5: Reset the App
If none of the above methods managed to rectify the issue then you could revert the app to its default state. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Open the Run dialog box, type ms-settings:appsfeatures and hit Enter. This will open the Apps and Features section of the Settings page.
- Now scroll down until you find the Netflix app. Click on it to expand the menu and then select Advanced Options.
- Finally, hit the Rest button and again Reset in the confirmation dialog box that appears. Once the process is complete, launch the app and see if whether the Netflix Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79 has been fixed or not.
Fix 6: Reinstall the App
If the Reset option didn’t do any good, then uninstalling and reinstalling the app is the sole option. Here is how it could be done:
- Using the ms-settings:appsfeatures command in the Run dialog box, open the Program and Features menu.
- Now scroll to the Netflix app and click on the Advanced Menu. From the expanded menu, click on Uninstall. Once the uninstall process is completed, follow the below steps to reinstall it.
- Again open the Run dialog box and this time enter ms-windows-store://home. You will now be taken to the Windows App Store.
- Search for the Netflix app and then click on Get to download and install it on your PC. Once done, launch the app and the error should have fixed by now.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to fix the Netflix Error Code U7361-1253-C00D6D79. We have shared six different types of fixes. Anyone of the above might be able to rectify the issue. Do let us know which one of the above did the job for you. Likewise, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.